Oil Solvent Extraction Machinery
Oil solvent extraction technology is to use n-hexane or other organic solvents to extract oil from the oilseed flakes, expanded materials or oil cake. And using a series of evaporating and stripping method to remove and recover the solvent in the miscella and wet meal to get crude oil. This technology can get more oil from oilseeds effectively.
There are 2 tupes of solvent extraction, direct solvent extraction and pre-pressing extraction. Direct solvent extraction is always used for low-oil-content oil seeds, while pre-pressing extraction is used for high-oil-content oil seeds.
Solvent extraction process as follows:
1. Oil extraction:
Oil extraction is to extract oil from oil oil base or pre-pressed cake to oil mixture and meal.
The major equipment of this section is extractor, and extraction pot is always used in batch extraction while continuous extraction uses loop type extractor, rotocel extractor, crawler type extractor, etc.
2. Desolventizer toaster:
Meal from extractor consists of 25-35% solvent. And in order to recycle solvent and get better-quality meal, wet meal drying is necessary.
And high bed desolventizer toaster is always used in pre-pressed leaching meal, while DTDC desolventizer toaster is always used for direct extraction meal.
3. Oil stripping tower/oil stripper:
Oil mixture consists meal powder, solvent and oil. This step is to seperate these 3 indreginents by filtration, evaporation, and stripping.
The major equipments for this section include filter, cyclone hydraulic separators, evaporator, stripping tower, etc.
We can help you design or choose the most suitable equipment according to your capacity.
4. Solvent vapor condensation and recovery:
Mixed vapor from desolventizer toaster, evaporator, and stripping tower should first be condensed to liquid by condensers, and then seperate solvent and water by water separator, and finally get recycled solvent to reuse in extraction.
Wet meal from extractor contains a certain amount of solvent will be conveyed to D.T.D.C for desolventizing, toasting, drying and cooling.
Solvent Extraction Technology
- Simple in structure with stable performance;
- Additional horizontal grid plate prevents the miscella from flowing back into the material cell to ensure the best extraction effect;
- The wet meal is discharged by the material discharger which continuously discharges the wet meal onto the wet meal conveyor. This avoids meal bridging, un-uniform wet meal discharging and extends the serviceable life of the wet meal conveyor.
- Composed of pre-extraction, extraction and draining sections. There is material turnover in the process of extraction to make the extraction uniform and thorough. Special self-cell solvent spraying ensures the best effect during extraction.
Features of the solvent extraction process
- Evaporation takes place in a vacuum for the best oil quality.
- Extraction system can process different raw materials.
- Solvent recovery system from vent gas is particularly absorbent.
- With full energy conservation and repeat utilization, steam consumption is markedly reduced.